Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Little boxes on a hillside...


Where we Live, originally uploaded by Ponies & Sugar Cookies.

I am totally obsessed with the Showtime series "weeds". I think it's brilliant and witty and just perfect. There is a theme song called "little boxes" that is played at the opening before every show. This season it's being done by different artists like Engelbert Humperdinck and Death Cab for Cutie.

ANYWAYS...I have always been interested in painting cityscapes

but this song has totally inspired me to go a bit more suburban and here are a few finished works inspired by the song.

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love them both!! i'm such a fan.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger syko kajsa said...

Me too! Have been fascinated by cityscapes ever since I was a child. I was always painting them. I guess living on the countryside made me long for it. Now I'm thinking about sewing some skyscrapes, not that we have any here in Finland, but anyways...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home